Expert tips to stay guarded this monsoon
The onset of dengue has always coincided with the end of the monsoons. This monsoon season more than 100 positive cases of dengue were reported at RxDx.
Dengue is a viral infection caused by the bite of an infected female Aedes mosquito. The symptoms of Dengue are usually high fever accompanied by rashes.
The best way to prevent dengue virus infection is to take precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. Below are a few tips that may help reduce your risk of mosquito bites:
- Turn over empty pails and buckets so that they do not collect excess water.
- Cover the buckets and drums that are used for storing water.
- Clean out all empty flower pots.
- Ensure you do not over water potted plants.
- Clean and empty water bowls of domestic pets at home and the water bowls of birds in the balcony.
- Repair broken septic tanks and cover vent pipes with wire mesh if any.
- Discard the plants that you keep in water at home.
- Wear clothes that can cover you completely. Wear long-sleeved shirt, long pants and closed-toe shoes instead of sandals.
- Apply mosquito repellents whenever possible or wear mosquito patches.
- The mosquitoes that carry the dengue viruses are most active from dawn to dusk; keep windows and doors closed during theses hours.
- If you have a cooler at home, make sure you clean it regularly.
- Keep the dustbins clean; do not let any dirt get collected to avoid mosquitoes.
- Light camphor as it will help in keeping the mosquitoes away.
- Sleep under a mosquito net.
Adult mosquitoes tend to lurk in dark areas (closets, behind curtains, under beds). Ensure that toddlers and infants are clear of such areas. Ensure good lighting in your home.
For booking, appointment call us today!!!
If you have further questions then please contact us on.