Treadmill test/TMT/Stress test/Exercise test[/et_pb_text][et_pb_toggle admin_label=”Toggle” title=”What is it?” open=”on”]
A treadmill or exercise test helps a doctor find out how well your heart handles work. As your body works harder during the test, it requires more oxygen, so the heart must pump more blood. The test can show if the blood supply has reduced in the arteries that supply the heart. It also helps doctors know the kind and level of exercise appropriate for you.[/et_pb_toggle][et_pb_toggle admin_label=”Toggle” title=”Who needs it?” open=”on”]
Your physician may recommend an exercise stress test to:
- Diagnose coronary artery disease
- Diagnose a possible heart-related cause of symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or lightheadedness
- Determine a safe level of exercise
- Check the effectiveness of procedures done to improve coronary artery circulation in patients with coronary artery disease
- Predict risk of dangerous heart-related conditions such as a heart attack.
A trained paramedical /nurse will perform the procedure. The person taking the test will place electrodes (small stickers) to your skin in the designated area and connect the small wires, which are hooked up to the equipment to monitor the heart.
On resting, the electrical events will be recorded. After that, you will start walking on the treadmill slowly. Then the speed is increased, for a faster pace, and the treadmill is tilted to produce the effect of going up a small hill. Heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG), and how tired you feel are monitored during the test. Once done, the nurse will make you sit or lie down to monitor the recovery changes.[/et_pb_toggle][et_pb_toggle admin_label=”Toggle” title=”Does it need any preparation?” open=”on”]
- Prepare yourself to walk on a treadmill. If not comfortable to walk barefoot, bring shoes.
- Please do not consume cigarettes, caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco
- Men are requested to shave their chest before coming to the Cardiac Stress Test (TMT).
- If you are taking any regular medication, please consult your doctor to see if you need to stop the medication before undergoing this test (Eg: beta blockers)
- Pregnant ladies or those suspecting pregnancy should not undergo the treadmill test.
In case you are taking any medication, please bring your prescription/medication. Bringing whatever medical records you have will be very helpful.
If you have diabetes or a cardiac patient, please inform Health Check coordinators and Nurses.
In general, healthy people who take the test are at minimal risk. It is about the same as if they walk.[/et_pb_toggle][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” area=”sidebar-1″ orientation=”right” background_layout=”light” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fullwidth=”off” background_color=”#5d3e98″ inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” transparent_background=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax_method=”off”][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_cta admin_label=”Call To Action” title=”View your doctor’s schedule and fix an appointment” button_text=”Click here !” use_background_color=”off” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” button_url=”http://www.rxdx.in/doctors-in-bangalore-whitefield/” background_color=”#65c0c3″] Find out highly skilled and well qualified specialists work schedule and fix an appointment on convenient time